Gone are the days when Myrtle Beach golf carts were used exclusively for transporting golf equipment and players around the golf courses in Myrtle Beach. With so many new types of golf carts readily available to choose from, most golf cart owners are now eager to own golf carts they can customize with cool gadgets and accessories. Golf carts serve many more purposes than just zipping around the golf course!
Both gas-powered and electric golf carts are widely used today, not just in the fairway, but on city streets as well. With a few changes and updates, your golf cart can be loaded with all the security features that will afford you the fun and luxury of off-road use, along with being safe for the road. Street legal golf carts. dealers are now offering everything you need to have total security and safety features, but also lots of fun ways to customize your cart so it looks cool! Who wouldn’t want that?
Where Are Street-Legal Golf Carts Used?
Since these types of vehicles are slow, secure and noise-free, they are often utilized for taking travelers or hotel guests and their travel luggage across airport terminals and hotels. They are also a hassle-free way to take the kids to the playground, run quick errands, or easily traverse large facilities like retirement homes and hospitals. If you intend to drive your golf cart on city streets throughout your area, then you need to ensure that you have a good understanding of road regulations and laws that apply to golf carts. Of course, you should make certain that your city allows street-legal golf carts to be driven in your area.
Street-Legal Golf Cart Regulation Tips
- In case you want to use your golf cart on the road, then you need to make sure that you follow the laws set within your area.
- The speed of the cart should be carefully controlled in order to protect the life of everyone on board, as well as pedestrians.
- Make sure that a maximum of four people can sit with ease for security reasons.
- The golf cart should likewise be provided with essential safety and security functions like seat belts, wind guards, mirrors to see behind you, and turn signals.
- Routine inspections and maintenance should be a priority for optimum security and safety.
- Your golf cart should have adequate mirrors and reflectors.
- Make sure you have the VIN, or “vehicle identification number” in plain sight.
- Your street-legal golf cart should also be equipped with front lights, brake lights, front turn-signal lights, tail lights and other safety features.
For more information on driving street-legal golf carts, please call us today at Best Golf Cars in Myrtle Beach!
Best Golf Cars
1400 Enterprise Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC, 29578
Phone (843) 353-4130
Fax (843) 448-7772
Best Golf Cars – Market Common
Coventry Crossings Shopping Plaza
1600 Farrow Parkway
Myrtle Beach, SC