Many homeowners are now using their golf cart for other purposes aside from getting around the golf course. This is probably why many other homeowners who are looking for a convenient and affordable car to help them go around town are considering buying their own golf carts. And because of the increasing number of families owning golf cars and using them for transportation, many country, local regulations and home owners associations now include the use of these carts on town roads as partof their laws and regulations.
Among the many reasons why homeowners prefer to purchase these carts instead of a regular vehicle include:
- Highly affordable
- Compared to typical cars, golf carts require minimal and more affordable maintenance
- Provides decent mileage, especially if their purpose is to help them get around town without worrying too much about traffic and parking spaces
- Electric models are affordable, which saves money from gas expenses, this is so important in light of today’s increasing gas prices
- A fully charged electric golf cart can be used up to 20 miles – enough for doing groceries or running a couple of errands around the town or heading to the beach
Who buys a golf cart?
According to recent reports, the number of people who buys golf cars that will be used on golf courses are increasing every year. In fact, more than half of the sales go to those who are looking for an affordable and convenient mode of transportation. Aside from this, almost all golf cars that are being resold end up being used for non-golf course transportation.
This specific type of transportation is popular and highly beneficial to families who are not travelling in and out of their town on a daily basis. If their place of work or school is near their home, they do not need to spend money on gas for a car. These carts are especially popular among retirees who are not fond of walking long distances or riding public transportation to get to a certain part of the neighborhood. At the moment, a Myrtle Beach golf cart is now being used to get to hike and bike trails beaches,, retirement communities, camp grounds and college campuses and universities.
What else can you do with your golf cart?
Like cars, this convenient mode of transportation can also be customized to suit your needs and preferences. If you plan to use the cart when hunting, you can have a pop-up tent attached it. You can also apply camouflage paint to better help you when hunting. There are lots of ways on how you can modify your golf cars. The professionals at Best Golf Cars can provide some amazing suggestions based on your personal tastes and how you are planning to use the cart. You can even have your golf cart decked out with the logo of your favorite sports team.
What you should remember when using a golf cart
Despite all the great things about golf cars, there are some reminders that you have to keep in mind if you plan on buying one. Like when owning and driving cars, there are rules that you should follow. Otherwise, you will end up with violations from your local enforcers. So before you buy your own cart, make sure you read about the local rules and state regulations that you must follow while in ownership and driving your cart.
Here are some of the common reminders that you have to keep in mind:
- Golf cars should not be driven on sidewalks
- Do not drive your golf car when under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Be mindful of the speed limits for every golf car in every road in your town
- Avoid driving fast when taking turns as this can result in flipping of the cart or the passengers flying out of the cart
If you are considering buying a golf cart or have already bought one and are looking to customize it to fit your needs, call Best Golf Cars now.
Best Golf Cars
1400 Enterprise Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC, 29578
Phone (843) 448-7775
Toll Free 1-800-972-4654
Fax (843) 448-7772
Helping you own and take care of your golf cart.